How to decorate a mantle over a fireplace?
How do you style a long mantel?
- Pick a focal point. I don’t like decorations spreading the length of a long mantel. …
- Large anchor piece or art grouping. …
- Add visual weight and movement. …
- Add small items. …
- Group items in odd numbers. …
- Work in a triangle shape. …
- Don’t forget balance.
How to make a rustic fireplace mantel?
Materials for rustic fireplace mantel
- two 8′ long 1”x10” pine boards for the front and top of the mantel
- one 8′ long 1”x4” pine board for the bottom of the mantel
- 1”x2” scrap boards these help form the sides of the mantel and only need to be a few inches long
- two 12″x12″ squares of wood veneer – these will be used to make our inexpensive lumber look like one solid wood beam
- finishing nails
How to create a fireplace mantle?
Quick Navigation: How To Make A DIY Floating Mantel
- Plan Your Dimensions
- Cut & Assemble 2x4s
- Mount 2×4 Support To The Wall
- Cut & Assemble DIY Floating Mantel
- Fill MINIMALLY With Wood Filler & Sand Mantel
- Stain Floating Mantel
- Attach DIY Floating Mantel To 2×4 Support On The Wall
- Final Thoughts
- Related Polyurethane & Woodworking Articles
How to make a mantle for a beehive fireplace?
- Tape Measure
- Speed Square
- Circular Saw
- Brad Nailer or Hammer
- Orbital Sander
Click here for details.