How to create the perfect DIY compost bins?
- All you need is a standard 60L basic plastic garbage bin with a lid.
- Turn it upside down and, using a utility knife, cut a large, circular hole in the base.
- Dig a 150mmdeep hole, as wide as the bin, then place the bin upside down and backfill.
- Add kitchen scraps and garden waste until the container is full, then leave for about four months to mature.
How do you make a homemade compost bin?
- The height of the rectangle will be the height of your bin.
- The length of the rectangle will be the diameter of your bin.
- If you’re not sure where to begin, hold the uncut chicken wire in front of you to get a sense of how tall and wide you’d like it to be. …
How to make a cheap compost bin?
To make this:
- Find some three-foot-high mesh or chicken wire and cut a 10-foot length.
- Form a drum shape – You should have enough length for about a six-inch overlap.
- Fasten the ends together with zip ties.
- Be careful not to snag yourself on the wire.
How to make an indoor composting bin?
What are the steps to building a DIY indoor compost?
- Drill five evenly-spaced holes in the lid of your container. Your bacteria will need the airflow to begin the breakdown.
- You can cover the lid with a piece of thin wire mesh if you want. …
- Gather your collection of food scraps, your browns, greens, soil, and water, and begin constructing your pile inside the bin. …
1. Easy DIY Compost Bin
Create an easy bin for compost using wire mesh and pallets! Watch the tutorial here.
3. Rolling Composter
Convert a plastic barrel into a rolling composter for a healthy and lively garden! Take the inspiration from here.
5. Spinning Compost Bin
After a rolling compost bin, follow this tutorial by the Instructables to create a spinning compost bin.
7. Milkcrate Compost Bin
Use milk crates to make a vertically stacked compost bin. It looks good as well! Visit The Instructables to know more.
9. Big Composter
DIY a big but budget composter for your backyard or garden from the tutorial available at the Instructables.
11. Californian Compost Bin
Create an X-shaped trench for your compost bin! The waste may take approx 3-6 months to rot down, once filled. Here is the project.
13. Madeleines Compost Bin
With the basic hardware tools, you can get yourself a new compost bin in no time! Follow this tutorial to learn more.
15. Plastic Storage Compost Bin
If you do not have enough space for a garden compost bin, try this space-saver plastic compost bin! Click here to learn more.
17. Drum Style Composter
Another composter idea that rotates, rotating composters allow the compost material to break down a little faster. The DIY is here.
19. Compost Barrel
Build this eccentric composter using old tires, a 55-gallon barrel, some tools and hardware supplies! You will get the tutorial at the Instructables.